The Salaj County, in Romania, through the County Council is the public authority at the county level that coordinates municipal and communal councils and carries out the services of interest in the county.
Regulation of organisation and functioning of Salaj County Council was approved by the Resolution No 46/ 26, April 2012. The County Council is made up of 30 councillors. The County Council elected in accordance with law is completed by the president of the county council, who has the right to vote and coordinate its meetings for a mandate of 4 years.
The County Council, according to art. 91 of Law no. 215/2001 on local public administration, republished with subsequent amendments, performs the following main categories of tasks:
- Organisation and operation of the county council institutions and public services of county interest and companies and autonomous administration of county interest
- Socio-economic development of the county
- County property management
- Public service management of the units subordinated to the County Council
- Inter-institutional cooperation
- Other duties prescribed by law
Role in project:
Support in implementing the pilot care pathway (WP6):
- Ensuring integration: Pilot Advisory Committee with representatives of services, users, local/regional authorities, Ministries of Social Affairs/Health, National Council for Rare Diseases
- Assessment of current service provision quality & organisation
- Pilot: implementation of good practices based on WP5; training & employment of regional case handlers
- Facilitation of pilot evaluation: identification of patients; questionnaire translation & dissemination